You have (possibly) taken our cryptocurrency investigation foundation class, perhaps you have been involved in a few investigations and you now want to move to the next level.
This class is for you.
With many of the commercial tools now supporting the identification of mixers, ERC-20 tokens, DeFi and similar, an investigator needs to know how it works, how to look at evidence manually and interpret what a tool is telling them.
In this ‘tool independent’ training you will see how criminals are leveraging crypto to commit and launder the proceeds of crime. For example, learn to track manually through mixers, understand and identify coinjoin transactions and extract raw data from open-source resources.
CSITech have been involved in hundreds of investigations totalling billions of Dollars/Pounds and we bring many of these real world examples and lessons learned to the class.
This course is designed for Cyber and Financial investigators to extend their knowledge in this growing and increasingly complex arena.
The current syllabus, which is growing all the time, includes:
- Understanding how criminals are using the blockchain
- Recognising patterns of use on the blockchain
- Mapping through mixers
- Understand and identify coinjoin transactions such as from Wasabi
- Calculating paths through Wasabi transactions
- Understanding how Ethereum, ERC-20 tokens, DeFi contracts and NFT’s work and look on the blockchain
- Tracing Ether funds through Ethereum
- Tracking and Tracing ERC-20 tokens
- Identifying and tracing tokens through Decentralised Exchanges (DEX)
- Identifying and tracing Decentralised Finance (DeFi) contracts
- Tracing the minting and selling of NFT’s
- Tracing Stable coins – USDC/T etc
- Understanding how Binance Chain, Binance Smart Chain, BEP-2, BEP-8, BEP-20 tokens work on the Binance blockchain
- Understanding and tracing through TRON, TRC-10, TRC-20 coins
- Analysing addresses across chains
- Tracking new coins through forks
- Extracting raw searchable data from open source resources
- Interpreting data provided by exchanges
- Tracking Tether over Bitcoin Omni Layer
- Handling Alt coins not covered by commercial tracing tools
- Deconstructing derivation paths to ensure seizure of all assets
- What will changes to Bitcoin and Ethereum mean to the investigator
- Lots and lots of real world practicals
Cost – Live Online – £1650 + VAT
December 13th to 15th 2021
January 31st to February 2nd 2022
March 28th to 30th 2022
June 6th to 8th 2022