Cryptocurrencies for investigators
This syllabus can be downloaded here: Cryptocurrencies for investigators
Cryptocurrencies are revolutionising the world of online transactions and contracts. This course focuses on the investigators ability to be able to fully investigate any cryptocurrency, not just bitcoin or Ethereum.
We will teach you the skills needed to understand the concepts behind a crypto currency, these can then be adapted to investigate any of the 1300+ coins available. By the end of the course you will not only be able to track transactions, but you will be able to identify addresses owned by the same person. You will understand the concepts behind the private public key relationship. We will also teach you how to find public keys, and most importantly private keys in certain situations.
- Learn how to investigate cryptocurrencies for evidence
- NOT just Bitcoin
- NOT just about following address
- How cryptocurrencies work
- How to find evidence of cryptocurrency use
- How to locate and extract addresses and private keys
- How to build up information about an address
- How to follow the money
- Transaction to transaction
- Identifying real world resources to find identities
- Can we find an IP address?
- Crawling for online nodes
- Referred IP’s
- Are they coming from Tor?
- Approximate Geolocation
- Visualization of the blockchain
- Online tools
- Detecting and decoding micro-messaging
During the course we will provide you with:
4 Day maltego licenses
4 Day Chainalysis licenses
A Hard drive with the up to date bitcoin block chain
The course will end with a fantastic live practical which will combine all the skills you have learnt to investigate cryptocurrency.
Course cost – £1450 + VAT
May 14th to 16th
November 12th to 14th